I saw your ask and I thought I'd tell you to try out the Pho Dac Biet (Special Beef Noodle Soup). It's made the best there in Vietnam. If you want something as a snack try out the Goi Cuon which is like salad rolls. !
that sounds great, i’m excited haha! i will definitely have to try some. thank you very much for the info! :D
Today, I was driving down the highway, windows and moon roof open, listening to the Passion 2011 cd. I must've sang "Here For You" 20 times. I come to the outro, and each and every time, I am consumed by joy and contentment, and an incredible shiver ran over.
I feel like there are times where my Father just smiles at me and says, “I so love when you sing for Me, My daughter.”
This was one of those times.
Hi, Anon :) He does love everyone. from the moment the universe began, He began to decide and develop each and everyone us. He created us to be the perfect image of His own and we are of Him, we are His children. He created in us everything that makes us us. Everything about you, He spent the time to make. He made you His masterpiece. He made me His masterpiece. And He creates only good!
I look at how complex and diverse this universe we live in, yet I know that amongst all of it, God chose to make me, and make me in the manner I am today, purely out of love. Purely because He enjoys me!!
And when my human nature and flesh stray me from the path He sets for me, I make my mistakes, and crawl back bruised and forsaken, He welcomes me into His arms, He forgives me, He separates me from my transgressions as far as the east is from the west, He speaks my name with tenderness, and reminds me of His unfailing love.
This applies to all of His masterpieces: you, me, our friends, our enemies. Everyone. He loves His masterpieces like the true artist He is.
If you’ve ever wondered what was so wrong with you that you don’t have a significant other, or why God proceeds to “taunt you” with singleness; if your singleness feels like a burden, like the only real relationship you have is with the ball and chain of singleness; this is for you.
I think that when God is about to have something really big in your life happen, He sometimes blesses you with just a taste of it. And when you receive that small sip, you know immediately Who it is that has given it to you. And you want more!
Then when He sees you pining for more, He says, “Just allow me the privilege of giving it to you.”
Then, you just trust in Him to deliver.
That’s amazing. We have the most generous, loving God, Who WANTS to allow us these splendid things! We need only be still, and know that He is Lord.
I’m so sad to be leaving this place, that in only a few days, went from a destination to, in all honesty, what feels like home.
But I am returning home with a mission to accomplish. And in these last six months, my mind and eyes will be focused.
It will be beautiful, and all for His glory.
Please pray for my relationship with my sister. I've hurt her in the past. Ask God to help me love her.
Absolutely, anon. We sometimes hurt those we love the most, just as we are God’s children, but can still do wrong and fall short of His big plans for us.
Fortunately, we are the masterpieces of a God of astronomical love and amazing grace.
Praying right now for you and your sister, and that with our Father’s help all wounds may be healed, words forgotten, and relationships restored all in the glory of His Name.
Godbless, Anon. Stay strong in Him
Hi! Could you please pray for my boyfriend Michael in boot camp? The letter I got from him today said he had an ear infection and possibly bronchitis and they have been spending long days at the range, so I can't imagine how difficult that is to do when sick.
Absolutely! Praying right now for swift healing, safety, and the ability to push forward.
Godbless, sister! :)
Hey girl! Are you still in the city? Have you dropped by the base yet?! Hope you're enjoying it!!
I am! And I did! I’m meeting with the dts director tomorrow in the late morning.
:) I am absolutely in love with the place!
I’m really thinking of making January’s move a permanent one :))
God is just blessing me with vision and peace! Even my temporary residence for this trip was a spectacular blessing!
I’m so so grateful :)
1. Tell me about your ex
- He was the first guy that made me realize that even though you can be treated decently and feel serious love for that person, you are not always meant to be together. God had separate plans for us.
2. List of concerts you’ve attended.
- Too long of a list. But I will say that my absolute favorite was EVERY SINGLE SET at Passion 2012.
3. Turn ons.
- The ultimate and pretty much only one that matters: they must love God and desire Him so deeply that if it were a tie between me and Him, He would be the one chosen.
As for others? Respectful, lovely eyes, a playful yet adventurous spirit, someone not afraid to persevere through a difficult situation.
4. Quote you live by.
- “Rescued people rescue people.” Christine Caine.
I look at it in how Ephesians states it that I was once dead. Not lost, not disgruntled, DEAD. But through Christ I have been given new life. I have been rescued. And the most beautiful thing a rescued individual can do is to extend a hand to help those who need that same rescuing through understanding the love a sacrifice of Jesus.
5. Favourite memory of the past summer.
- Meeting my closest friends. It all happened that summer.
6. Favourite song.
- Wow. I couldn’t even begin to tell you haha. Honestly one song that I can listen to over and over again is “Give Me Faith” by Elevation Worship. Dude, never gets old.
7. Favourite TV show.
- No real favorite. I’m actually starting to dislike tv quite a lot.
8. Your Christmas list.
- To get to sing at Christmas service. Haha XP
9. Cutest thing anyone has ever done for you.
- Hmmm. I really can’t think of anything very “cute”. Someone change that please? Lolol.
10. Ever been cheated on?
11. Opinion of age difference in a relationship.
- I feel like when it comes to age difference, a few years difference doesn’t have to be a bad thing. But what’s more important than the number are maturity, spiritual maturity, and motives for dating that person.
The two people must find congruency on this 3 things, or the relationship will ultimately fail. One person may be in a separate stage of life, one may not act their age, whatever. But like in every dating situation, God should be in the center of it.
12. How you met the person you fell hardest for.
- I worked at a diner. He walked in. I took his order. And yea, it’s a pretty stereotypical meeting, but it was nice.
13. Opinion on cheating.
- Seriously, I could write a novel on this but I am going to just keep it simple.
There is no room for unfaithfulness in a relationship. If you can’t stay faithful, stay single, and work at trying to figure out the purpose behind you cheating. Go to God and DO NOT date until you are ready to stay faithful.
It’s taken me years to get my heart to where it understands that everyone deserves to be loved properly, including those who cheat. As undesirable as that sounds to many people.
14. Describe yourself in one word.
15. Your biggest insecurity.
- That something in my past, this one thing in particular, will prevent me from from being with my future husband. There’s moments where it honestly gets me so down. But then I realize how I’ve grown, and how I use that experience to help others, I know he will love my fault because with Christ I have turned it into my strength.
16. What do you want to be when you’re older?
- Wow. So much. I’m still trying to figure out occupation-wise what God has planned for me, but I know my future will hold missions. There are people in the world that need to see the love of God through others around them.
17. Your idea of a perfect date?
- One that’s simple, but where you can tell, “hey, this person really wanted me to enjoy myself, and is enjoying my company.”
I love when you go somewhere where you can just focus on each other, and getting to know each other.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Why?
- I do find myself thinking about the future, but ultimately I try to think about the present, and what I can do now to do good and to eventually have a positive effect on my future.
19. What is your favourite thing to do?
- I love getting lost in nature, then getting lost in my God.
20. What do you believe in? (Religion)
- I believe in God, my Father, Who through the sacrificial blood of His blameless Son, has rinsed my transgressions clean and given me salvation.
21. What is your greatest weakness?
- If I feel like something I am doing is going to fail, I will personally end it before it does fail.
I’m terrified of failure and disappointment.
22. What is your greatest strength?
- I tend to think of others before myself. I realize how much more joy I get from witnessing a smile and knowing you’re the one who caused it, then smiling myself and having no one to share it with.
23. How many relationships have you had?
- I had a few in high school. I was rarely ever single. It was a time in life where I felt like a significant other was a necessity.
24. In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
- Holy crap- GOD! The ultimate relationship! You get everything there. Unending love, complete forgiveness, desire to know one another and hold a high position in it, trust, faithfulness. The list goes on.
With the desire to make your relationship one that is pleasing to God, a great relationship will emerge.
25. Are you happy with the person you have become?
- I think the big thing is to switch that to “becoming”. I will never be a finished product, “become” strikes me as a level of perfection, or a perfect ending state. I’m always going to be growing as a person. But as for the person I am becoming, I love her! Because she is growing to become more like my Lord and Savior. I will never reach perfection like that of my Dad, but as long as a continue to pursue a state of self that is pleasing to the Lord and glorifies His Name, yes, I am happy with who I am becoming.
Tag! You're it! The rules are to state 10 random facts about yourself. Then, go to ten blogs and tell them that they are it!
Haha I love these :))
1. I am anxiously counting down the days until I relocate to California in January. First for schooling and discipleship, then for residence :)
2. I have an almost insane sense of direction. Like it is super super good, and accurate! Drive me through a place I don’t know, and I probably will be able to find my way back with next to no trouble.
3. I know how to make amazing banana and nutella crepes. Get at me and I will cook for you!
4. If I could be any other ethnicity than Polish/Irish, I’d be Icelandic/Indonesian. And live in Australia. Cuz I’d be so freaking cool.
5. I’m not afraid to jump off of 35-45 foot cliffs, but you bring a clown near me and I will run and hide, and scream. I hate those things- so evil.
6. My mom works for the government, and my dad is a chemist.
7. I hate Italian food. Unpopular opinion.
8. I have both male and female best friends.
9. I’m from Pittsburgh. We say “pop”, not “soda”. We say a lot of different things lol.
10. When I talk to God, to me He sometimes has my lingo. Some days I feel like He will straight up say, “Dude, really? Just chill out and know I am God, your Dad!” :))
I am a Christian too, and when I found your blog, I was in love with what I saw you saying. Jesus Christ is forever our savior, and it's because of him that we can sin and be forgiven. I'm an upcoming junior and high school and have kept my virginity, because I plan to keep it until marriage for a lovely Christian husband. I've never tried drugs or drank or smoked, and my family and I all grow together with God. We were all saved a couple years ago, and I can't thank God enough for that.
Oh my gosh, just praise God!! SO happy how wonderfully He has blessed you and your family :)
It just puts the biggest smile on my face to hear of your walk and to know that God has not even scratched the surface of the amazing things He will do it your life!
He’s like that with all of His children, just preparing such brilliant stories for us. No matter who we are or what we’ve done, He has a plan to use us as a vessel for good!
Gonna pray for you, anon! Keep praising His great Name and may you continue to see the fruits of Christ’s love and mercy! :)))
“I consider myself as the most wretched of men, full of sores and corruption, and who has committed all sorts of crimes against his King; touched with a sensible regret I confess to Him all my wickedness, I ask His forgiveness, I abandon myself in His hands, that He may do what He pleases with me. This King, full of mercy and goodness, very far from chastising me, embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands, gives me the key of His treasures; He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly”
It has been a long time since I have written anything. I have spent most of my days developing new friendships and trying to explain to them their need for Jesus. I wish I could tell you a bunch of stories of lives that have changed as a result. I wish I could tell you…